Job Title: Numerical Control Machine Operator B
Department: CNC Machine Shop
Reports To: Machine Shop Supervisor
Hours: 2nd Shift Monday – Thursday 3:00pm to 1:30am; Some Overtime Required on Friday
Pay: Starting Pay $15.00/hr; Experience taken under consideration for higher pay
Sets up and operates numerical control machine to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
• Maintains reliable attendance and adheres to set work schedules as outlined
• Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedure, machining sequence, and dimensions of finished work piece.
• Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
• Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
• Enters commands to retrieve pre-programmed machine instructions for data base.
• Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine
• Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
• Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
• Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
• Notifies supervisor of discrepancies
• Machines materials other than metal such as composites, plastic, and rubber
• Maintains and records accurate count of work pieces produced and personal hourly attendance data.
• Practices safe work habits, maintains workplace in good order, and wears all issued personal protective equipment in the workplace.
Six months to one year related machining experience and/or training
18+ years old
Attained High School/GED
Possesses or is able to acquire a valid forklift driver’s license.
Positive attitude with reliable attendance
Eligible for Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending Account, and 401(k) on the first of the month following 60 days
Holiday pay eligibility after 30 days of hire/10-paid holidays
Apply online at www.bakermfg.com/employment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers